What are the entry fees for attractions in Sri Lanka ?
It’s important to establish a budget in advance for the places you are planning to visit in Sri Lanka. For this, you’ll need to know the entry fees for the various attractions around the island.
Compared to many European countries, Sri Lanka’s cost of living is low. Regardless, there are special tariffs and “tourist prices” in and around the popular attractions. These fees are clearly displaced at the entrances and exits to sights.
To estimate an average for expenditures on a visit to Sri Lanka, continue reading for an overview of entry fees to main attractions in the country.
Things to know:
- Payments should be made in Sri Lankan Rupees (LKR)
- Children aged between 6 and 12years get a 50% discount
- Entrance for children under6 years is free
- Credit or debit cards are not accepted and sometimes it’s hard to find ATM machines nearby
- Some places may charge an additional fee for photographing or filming
Keep an adequate amount of cash on you so you can avoid any unpleasant surprises when it comes to paying entrance fees. Keep an estimate in mind. For example, the fee total for Cultural Triangle including Anuradhapura, Dambulla, Sigiriya and Polonnaruwa for an adult is about 12,700 LKR or 85 EUR (1 EUR = 150 LKR).
You can call us anytime during your trip if you encounter any problems. Your driver can call us on your behalf so our team can step in and help immediately.